Lost: The Substitute
Tonight’s episode of Lost is called The Substitute and ABC once again gives a detailed synopsis: Locke goes in search of help to further his cause.
Interesting shizzle from last week, once again gleened from the good folks at Lostpedia:
- Some scenes were actually shot in LA, despite my firm belief that “Brentwood” was certainly somewhere in Hawaii.
- Dogen (Japanese guy, leader of this group of Others) had a bowl of Black stones on his desk.
- Ethan is almost the exact opposite person he was on the island, including his name.
That’s about it since last week wasn’t very interesting. Update to come later tonight or tomorrow! Otherwise, comment below!!!
–UPDATE: TIME TO WATCH–
- I thought of something during the opening credits. I guess I assumed that Jacob got nuked in the alternate timeline (Earth-X) but maybe not. And maybe he’s still out there influencing lives on Earth-X as well. Maybe everyone will still be drawn somewhere.
- We’re in a flash-sidways and Locke is having a shitty day BUT… Locke and Katey Sagal seem happy together. Uh, where’s The Crozz when I need him? There was some sort of tragic relationship, right? I should be happy they’re together on Earth-X I feel like.
- We’re on the island, seeing through the Smoke Monster’s eyes. It’s a total Sam Raimi homage.
- I like to imagine the Smoke Monster rolling around wearing Locke’s backpack. A big column of smoke with a JanSport.
- Back on Earth-X, Locke gets fired. Locke’s boss = HUGE asshole.
- Back on the island, Smoke Monster Locke gets Richard out of a trap. I like hearing Richard with questions. How’s that feel?
- Smoke Monster Locke thinks Jacob is an asshole for keeping people in the dark. Hey, me too!
- Locke refuses to be the goody bag at Sawyer’s pity party.
- On Earth-X Locke is doing the walk of shame but can’t get into his car because his wheel-chair ramp is blocked by a big-ass Hummer owned by… HURLEY! And he owns Locke’s company. This was also true in non-alternate Earth, right?
- How nice is Hurley? Fat people are so jolly.
- We’re now back on Lost Island and Smoke Monster Locke sees some blonde kid and runs after him. Baby Jacob? How’s he know the rules? Is Smoke Monster Locke in trouble?
- Meanwhile, back on Earth-X (Jesus this episode cuts back and forth a lot) Locke is interviewing for Hurley’s temp agency. “What kind of animal would you describe yourself as?” Why didn’t he say “Polar Bear?”
- Locke asks to speak to the manager who happens to be… ROSE!!! Still has cancer. That sucks. Maybe she should call Jack.
- Sawyer is now walking around with Smoke Monster Locke (probably not the best idea). “What are you?” “What I am is trapped.” AAAAAA!!! Answer a question in a straightforward way! God, this show.
- We’re now over with Ben and Sun and Locke’s decaying corpse outside the foot statue. Why does Ben seem so clueless all of a sudden? Has he always been this in the dark?
- “John Locke was a… believer. He was a man of faith. He was… a much better man than I will ever be, and I’m very sorry I murdered him.” CLASSIC.
- Earth-X, Locke is getting out of bed. Jake’s legs in Avatar- WAY more realistic than Locke’s. Just saying.
- After watching Sons of Anarchy it’s hard to buy Katey Sagal as anything less than a huge badass.
- Locke. Dude. Creepy knife collection. What the hell kind of walkabout requires 20 different types of knives?
- Back on the island, Smoke Monster Locke and James have reached a seacliff with a sketchy ladder going down it. OSHA is having a heart attack.
- Black rock, White rock, perfectly balanced. Uh oh, White rock removed. And cast to sea. We’re screwed.
- Giant rock with all the names of all the people called to the island scratched into it. How Lost!
- Locke’s teaching on Earth-X now. That’s nice. He’s supportive.
- Heads to the teacher’s lounge and it’s… Ben Linus! The European History teacher that will strangle you with a power cord if you misbehave. He acts like a prick. I bet the other teachers hate him.
- BACK on the island. Sawyer asks who wrote the names. Smoke Monster Locke says it was Jacob. I wonder how these names are numbered. Jack – 23. Hugo – 8. Sayid – 16. Kwon – 42. Locke – 4. James – 15. Uh oh.
- Smoke Monster Locke says it means that they were all candidates to protect the island and James has 3 choices- 1) You can see how it plays out, do nothing, get your name crossed out (killed, I assume). 2) Protect the island. From nothing. There is no threat. 3) You can bounce. Leave with Smoke Monster Locke. How’s that sound James? “Hell yes.”
Comment! Argue! Enlighten me!